Rock Zone UK

Fan dies in Wacken tragedy, Lollapalooza Evacuated

A metal fan has died of carbon monoxide poisoning at Germany’s Wacken Open Air festival, organisers have said. The as-yet unnamed person fell asleep under a tarpaulin on a truck and breathed in the poison gas pumped out by a generator, which was also under the tarpaulin. A statement says: “Friends of the deceased discovered the body under the canvas. Emergency services couldn’t successfully resuscitate the person.”

Meanwhile, the Lollapalooza festival in Chicago was evacuated for three hours at the weekend due to a powerful thunderstorm. Several bands’ sets were cancelled in the delay, but authorities allowed the event’s curfew to be extended so headline act the Red Hot Chili Peppers could play. Organisers say: “We made the decision to evacuate in response to warnings from the National Weather Service. More than 60,000 festival-goers and nearly 3000 staff, artists and vendors were safely evacuated in 38 minutes.”

-Classic Rock Magazine

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: