Rock Zone UK

Ozzy injured in house fire

Ozzy Osbourne was injured in a fire at his Beverly Hills home on Thursday morning, wife Sharon has revealed.

The Black Sabbath singer suffered facial burns, hair loss and re-opened a cut in his hand made during recent surgery after an unattended candle exploded its glass holder.

Sharon, co-hosting TV show The Talk, revealed she’d gone to bed without putting the candle out.

She said: “At five o’clock I heard a noise like metal had fallen. I thought it was my housekeeper so I didn’t pay any attention. A few minutes later my eyes are stinging and my throat’s closing up. Then my dog started to bark.”

The Osbournes went downstairs to investigate, and discovered the living room in flames. Ozzy attempted to bat out the fire using his arm, which was in a cast following an operation earlier this week.

Sharon said: “He opens the doors and I go into the kitchen and throw water on it – and it erupted.

“Ozzy’s front of his hair is gone. His eyebrows. He’s got skinned cheeks. He made his hand worse. It started to bleed.

“We are two idiots: everything you’re not meant to do – go to bed with candles alight, open the doors, put water on – we did it all.”

She vows she’ll never make the same mistake again, and after thanking Beverly Hills firefighters, she warns: “Please check your candles before you go to bed.”

In 2005 the Osbournes’ home in Buckinghamshire, England, caught fire, and the couple were treated for smoke inhalation as a result.

Black Sabbath this week announced the title of their reunion album with Ozzy will be called 13, and features Rage Against The Machine drummer Brad Wilk. It’s due for release in June.

-Classic Rock Magazine

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: